About the Company
Based in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Sterling Industries is a fast-growing North American based contract manufacturer and assembler of medical devices and sub-components. We help clients deliver successful products by providing scaled production, design-for-manufacturing expertise, supplier consolidation and other critical value chain services.
About the Role
Due to growth at Sterling Industries, we have an opening for an Assembler Monday to Friday on first shift (6:30am-4:30pm). The Assembler will use of company resources (materials and equipment) to produce products to specification, on time, and complete to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers. The position reports to Production team Leader and Production Supervisor.
- Ensure optimal use of work time to assemble products to specification, on time, and to the quantities determined by the planning group.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications and parts lists, gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow work instructions.
- Experience in manufacturing and quality systems
- Previous production assembly experience
- Excellent communication skills
- High School Diploma
- Technical analysis and problem-solving ability
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Team Player
- Experience brazing and soldering beneficial but not required
Full time employees are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health care through United Health Care
- $1,000 deductible plan,
- $6,000 deductible plan
- Dental through Delta Dental
- Vision through Eyemed
- Long term disability and $20k life insurance through Mutual of Omaha
- 401K (90 days)
- 1:1 match up to 5% of annual income
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Goes to 3 weeks after 5 years
- Goes to 4 weeks after 10 years
We will review applications as they are received. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.